|June 21, 2017 - Massive Summer 2017
The most comprehensive update for EoD is finished and
ready for download!
Checkout the new demo
or buy the game in our shop.
If you already purchased the game you can download the new full version in our shop / MY DOWNLOADS.
Steam users automatically get the update via Steam.
Here are the most important changes. To see more detailed
information read the changelog below.
By the way: a lot of these changes were suggestions by the
community! Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any ideas for improvements or new
things to add.
Unfortunately not everything can be added right away.
There are still plans to add a korean soldiers team and another map (see news below).
Leaderboard for singleplayer
A leaderboard for singleplayer highscores was implemented so you can compare your
scores with others.
I.e. what is the best lap of your friend in Jocoseness racing map?
Weapon sway and weapon accuracy, Stamina
A lot of improvements have been done on all the weapons. Soldiers will sway the
weapons more realistic while running and also you can't shoot or reload anymore while
running. Also the walk/run/ladder climb/swim speeds have been changed to more realistic
values. In multiplayer the stamina was reduced so players can't run around all the time
and must be thrifty with their breath.
Finally! Multiplayer bots!
Creating a room and wait for other players can be very very boring and this was the reason
why no rooms/players are online most of the time.
The reason was in the code of the AI: no network sync wich can cause a lot of trouble in
Now the bots are synced and you can play with bots and your friends online!
Of course the admin can decide to kick the bots whenever he wants.
The new bots are just available in 'Conquest' mode and maybe will be added to other game
modes in a later update.
Of course the bots have been generally improved, so you will notice a difference to the
bots in earlier versions of EoD - also in singleplayer!
New maps Da Nang, Face to face and NVA Junglebase
In the last news post Da Nang and Face to face have been
A third new map is NVA junglebase, wich was inspired by the game 'Vietcong 2'.
Of course it's completely different and not just a clone. The map is very exciting cause
it has a lot of corners to hide and 2 tunnels to get to the controlpoints on a differnt
- Leaderboard - scores for these gamemodes in singleplayer can
be saved online: Doorgunner, Sniper, Jocoseness best lap,
You can select in menu if you wish to save scores online or
not. Just player nickname and scores get saved to compare
with other players
- option settings for VSync and Anti Aliasing added (graphics
VSync will limit the FPS rate to 60 max.!
- removed the screenshot delete button for security reasons
- improved Doorgunner mode
- fixed bot ragdoll freezing in T-pose
- removed name-display for enemy bots (except air vehicles)
- added synced bots to multiplayer
- decreased run stamina to 60 sec.
- removed name-display for enemy players (except air vehicles)
- new map: Da Nang
- new map: Face to face
- new map: NVA Junglebase
- Que Son Valley - fixed culling bug
- multiplayer added: A Shau Valley
- multiplayer added: Battle of Long Tan
- multiplayer added: Closefire
- multiplayer added: Dien Bien Phu
- multiplayer added: Marble Mountain
- multiplayer added: Run through the jungle
- Tropical Heat: fixed bug where you could climb on the rockwalls
and go out of map
- Operation Arc Light: removed weapons from pilot cause of
floating point precision issues (jittering)
- new flamethrower added
- limitations for reloading weapons
- added weapon class selection for single- & multiplayer
- overworked/improved sight of the handweapons
- increased weapon rotation while aiming
- disabled crosshair, aiming, shooting and reload while running
- disabled crosshair, aiming, shooting and reload while moving
and in prone position
- added weapon sway while running
- decreased run speed
- decreased ladder climb speed
- decreased speed in water
- added force to explosions so things get pushed away from explosion
- mines and binoculars now are restricted to reload within 45 seconds
- binoculars can call artillery just if player is standing and aiming
- binoculars restricted to 1 shot (call for artillery)
- increased damage from shotgun bullets
- increased damage from grenade explosion
- grenades now won't roll away so extensive anymore
BUGFIX & IMPROVEMENTS
- several performance improvements
- fixed a bug where player reloaded 2 times
- fixed a bug where player stays in fly-mode if running & jumping
hill climb at the same time
- fixed a bug where player got kicked into the air while colliding
- fixed a bug when player presses ESC while reloading or switching
- fixed blood display if soldier is hit
- improved some weapon aim positions and sights
- disabled crouch & prone function in water
- fixed a bug if going down a ladder while in prone position